Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two crazy weeks it's been...

Now the question that's been bugging me for the past week was 'Soo Jin, how come I don't see that many pictures on your blog?'. Well truth is I've been swamped with office and prep work as well as meetings for these two weeks...to make matters worse, everything seems to be working against me this week.

To start off my week where Murphy's law seems to have kicked in, my leave in June was withdrawn by my superiors!!! I was supposed to shoot a friend's pre-wedding photos and her actual wedding in June. And it was the exact same dates that my superiors decided to hold an event in Tawau. Of all times and places!!! Being the host meant I'm bound to remain in Tawau during those dates to coordinate the event. I was exasperated, frustrated, disappointed, you name it... After what planning and promises I've made since January, everything went down the drain.

To rub things in, there'll be a beauty fair in Tawau this Sunday, and my department has been invited to showcase our exhibition along with other beauty saloons and healthcare providers. A makeshift indoor studio will be available for customers who'd like to have their portraits taken after a makeover. The photographer in me was screaming 'Yes!! I might just be able to get some portrait shots of visitors.' Then the bombshell was dropped on me...I had to attend a course in Tenom tomorrow which stretches through next Monday. Again and again I've been denied.

Many other problems are still nagging at me. The hollow shell of what's left of me would just have to settle whatever I can today, get things ready for my trip tomorrow, and hopefully matters will blow over by next week. So yes...enough complaining...more pictures coming up next week when I get back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment